My Perfect Bloody Christmas by Michael Caine (www.thedailymash.com)

Tuesday 29 December 2009

My perfect bloody Christmas

by Michael Caine

Do you know, there are three things in this life that are a given: 1) Sean Connery will never put his hand in his bleeding pocket; 2) Michael Winner shouldn't be allowed to direct the bloody traffic; and 3) I’ll never be asked to switch the Christmas lights on in Oxford Street ever again, after Roger Moore was sick into the hood of Ken Livingstone's duffel coat that time. Some bloody mate.



When I was a kid, Christmas was a miserable bloody time: there was no Xboxes, no Action Man with gripping hands, and no Ker-bloody-Plunk, neither. We was poor in them days, but what we did have was manners and respect for our bloody elders.

Which brings me neatly round to what happened the other day. Every Christmas I goes and visits some of the old folk what lives in my old manor, bearing Happy Shopper mince pies and sherry. Anyway, just as we was entering my old road, I suddenly taps my driver on the shoulder and says to him "'ere, stop the Roller Reg, I want to get out and walk amongst my people - and have a quick slash while I'm at it." Anyway, we knocks on the door of Mrs Dalrymple what used to live at Number 83, only now a Polish geezer what's called Jaroslaw lives there. Nice bloke - he's coming round to do the Artexing in my new drum next week - anyway, he invites us both in for tea and cake. Five minutes later, I'm just coming out of the kharzi when I see a group of bleeding hooligans running away from the motor. So I tells Reg 'put that slice of bleeding Battenburg down and get my bloody wheels back'. Now Reg is a big bloke, but he's out of shape - well, if the truth be told he's onto his seventh pacemaker - so yours truly was forced to abandon the motor and jump in a minicab driven by some Nigerian bloke called Yomi.

This Yomi bloke seemed a nice enough fella - offered me a chance to make some dough from an uncle of his, some bloke who calls himself 'Dr Julius'. Now, this Dr Julius had recently come into a large sum of money, and needed to transfer it into a UK bank account for some bleeding unknown reason. This Yomi reckons I'll make 15% commission for just giving him my bank details. Sounds good, but I don't want to get my fingers burnt like the time I sank a load of cash into Richard Burton’s pub - the story goes he took the gaff over on the Monday and, by the time the official receivers broke the bloody door down on the Thursday, the only assets that were left was half a bottle of lime cordial and a packet of Big D nuts - and to cap it all, Tony Hopkins had been sick all over the bleeding pool table.

Did you know that I'm currently appearing in pantomime at the Crawley Arts Stadium, alongside Harvey Keitel, Noel Gorden and TV's Raymond Baxter? Well you bloody well do, now.

As told to Matt Owen

from The Daily Mash.com
http://www.thedailymash.com/

1 comments:

Chrissy 30 December 2009 at 17:51  

Hi Ian, and good to find your blog, I work closely with both the HepC Trust and the British Liver trust here in the Uk to raise as much awareness as I can , I have gone on to run one of the busiest Uk forums for those affected with HCV..
Would you be so kind to add us as a link to your blog..
You would of course be very welcome to come and join us on the Nomads forum/....

www.hepcnomads.co.uk

Online support forum for those affected with Hepatitis C.
The Nomads is an online support forum for those affected by Hepatitis. . It is a valuable resource for information with items from the latest research, published papers on HCV, treatment and new drug trials. It can only be viewed by registering and all membership is free. It does focus on the social side of support and is a good place to find like minded people in a similar predicament. Carers and health professionals are also members and all are welcome.
http://hepcnomads.co.uk/phpBB3/index.php

Many regards Chrissy
chrissydav@gmail.com

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger

Share it!

Share |

My Diary Posts

My Diary Posts

My Diary Posts


Thanks for calling!

What Is Hepatitis C?

Hepatitis C Information:

Hepatits C is a blood-borne viral disease which can cause liver inflamation, fibrosis, cirrhosis and liver cancer. The Hepatitis C virus (HCV) is spread by blood-to-blood contact with infected person's blood. Many people with HCV infection have no symptoms and are unaware of the need to seek treatment. Hepatitis C infects an estimated 150-200 million people worldwide. It is the leading cause of liver Transplant...

Hepatitis C is an inflamation of the liver caused by infection with the Hepatitis C virus is one of the five known hepatitis viruses: A, B, C, D & E. Hepatitis C was previousley known as non-A non-B hepatitis prior to isolation of the virus in 1989.

Symptoms of Acute Hepatitis C:

Acute Hepatitis C refers to first 6 months after infection with HCV. Remarkably, 60% - 70% of people develop no symptoms during the acute phase. In the minority of patients who experience acute phase symptoms, thet are generally mild and non-specific, and rarely lead to specific diagnoses of Hepatitis C. Symptoms of acute hepatitis C include decreased appetite, fatigue, abdominal pain, jaundice, itching and flu-like symptoms.

Symptoms of Chronic Hepatitis C:

Chronic Hepatitis C is defined as infection with the Hepatitis C virus persisting for more than six months. The course of chronic hepatitis C varies considerably from one person to another. Virtually all people infected with HCV have evidence of inflamation on liver biopsy however, the rate of progression of liver scarring (fibrosis) shows significant inter-individual variability.

  © Blogger template The Beach by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP