My HepC/Liver Transplant Journey – A Video Diary (Hepatitis C Blog)

Thursday 14 January 2010

First Prize for 'Bird Brain of Britain' goes to ME, actually... MINE, MINE, MINE, MINE...!

My HepC/Liver Transplant Journey – A Video Diary - Coming Soon! (maybe), (I hope, if I can figure out how to bloody do it), (just trying to sort some tech stuff out with it at the mo)

Just to let you all know, I am still currently working on my video diary.

My problem in a nut-shell is this;, I shot it on a Sony HandyCam that uses MiniDiscs but does not support PC download, so I’m trying to work out how I can get the Video from the Camera to the PC so that I can upload it to YouTube, and then I can post it to my blog and all over the place.

If anybody has any idea what software (or hardware for that matter) to use to open it and save it, or so that I can change it to a file format that I can upload to YouTube; then I think we'd be cooking on gas - but it has to be really simple to use ‘cos I'm a real dummy at this kind of stuff.

I'm OK once I've done it a couple of times, so that I can replicate the task, but getting me there in the first place is a real pain in the arse.

Then I’ll post it in as many places as possible without hopefully terrifying any young children or the elderly and infirm, however if you find it disturbing you're quite free to turn it off.


Any advice would be appreciated but please be aware of what you would be dealing with; I need really basic hand holding sort of stuff or else I just seem to lose it. The problem seems to be something to do with me being a technological moron with the attention span of a guppy at the moment.

So I need the help of some rather more cleverer people than me – but that would be anyone with a higher IQ of about 10 right now! I’m not very bright but I can lift heavy things, actually that’s not true, I can’t lift heavy things either!

Just some techno insight for ya, it's a Sony HandyCam DCR DVD92E

It does say in the instruction book that it does not support PC download, but of course you've bought it and got it home and opened it by then!

I bought it about 3-4 years ago when my little girl was born. I thought Sony, good make. I can play the MiniDiscs immediately in a DVD player, excellent, and it had a cable and a socket on the front of the camera which I mistook for a mini-USB socket.

It turns out it's a 'half-moon' shaped thing and the lead goes to 3 ‘phono’ type plugs (red, white and yellow) that you can plug into your telly for editing and stuff. I have tried to buy a cable that is a ‘half-moon’ socket thingy, to a USB but they say it doesn't exist (a year or two ago).

Anyway, when I put a disk in my laptop it does see the Video files in a load of folders that say something like VD TS or VS BUP or something like that, but if you click on them my laptop says 'file not recognised' or 'cannot open file VS...' that kind of thing.

My laptop is about a year old Acer Aspire and is normally fairly good, but if I put DVD movies in it, it tends to show the movie but with no sound???


I hope my ramblings are helpful and mean something to somebody and thanks for your indulgence so far. Hope someone can help! If you see Video Diary on the blog then you know it’s sorted!

Wasn't life so much simpler when all we had was a Kodak Instamatic and a telephone, that's bloody progress for ya....

Keep well everyone .... Ian

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger

Share it!

Share |

My Diary Posts

My Diary Posts

My Diary Posts


Thanks for calling!

What Is Hepatitis C?

Hepatitis C Information:

Hepatits C is a blood-borne viral disease which can cause liver inflamation, fibrosis, cirrhosis and liver cancer. The Hepatitis C virus (HCV) is spread by blood-to-blood contact with infected person's blood. Many people with HCV infection have no symptoms and are unaware of the need to seek treatment. Hepatitis C infects an estimated 150-200 million people worldwide. It is the leading cause of liver Transplant...

Hepatitis C is an inflamation of the liver caused by infection with the Hepatitis C virus is one of the five known hepatitis viruses: A, B, C, D & E. Hepatitis C was previousley known as non-A non-B hepatitis prior to isolation of the virus in 1989.

Symptoms of Acute Hepatitis C:

Acute Hepatitis C refers to first 6 months after infection with HCV. Remarkably, 60% - 70% of people develop no symptoms during the acute phase. In the minority of patients who experience acute phase symptoms, thet are generally mild and non-specific, and rarely lead to specific diagnoses of Hepatitis C. Symptoms of acute hepatitis C include decreased appetite, fatigue, abdominal pain, jaundice, itching and flu-like symptoms.

Symptoms of Chronic Hepatitis C:

Chronic Hepatitis C is defined as infection with the Hepatitis C virus persisting for more than six months. The course of chronic hepatitis C varies considerably from one person to another. Virtually all people infected with HCV have evidence of inflamation on liver biopsy however, the rate of progression of liver scarring (fibrosis) shows significant inter-individual variability.

  © Blogger template The Beach by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP