Coming To A Telly Near You (Hepatitis C (Hep C) Blog)

Wednesday 6 January 2010

As if I hadn’t blighted cyber-space enough already!


I have supplied you all with a steady stream of my ramblings from my often dazed and confused and exceedingly warped mind. Over the last couple of months I have been writing about my experiences as a Hepatitis C sufferer, who is currently on the waiting list for a liver transplant. Due to the fact that I am no longer working; coupled with the fact that I have absolutely nothing else better to do other than a list as long as your arm of stuff Mandy has asked for. I started my assault of the internet and the public at large.

But now I have decided to further add to your misery by introducing a visual assault of your senses! I thought a video diary of my progress might be a good idea, though the toxins polluting my brain may have more than a little influence on my rationale.

Now it’s fare to say that really, I have the looks for radio. But I didn’t feel this was reason enough not to do it, after all, Piers Morgan does it on a regular basis and I don’t hear you complaining about that. Okay, so you do but he gets paid for it and I’m appearing for free!

I hope I will have the courage to talk openly and frankly about what I’m going through. Not just the treatment and transplant operation, though this I hope will provide a practical insight for anyone who is facing the same plight now or in the future. I hope I can raise awareness about Hepatitis and liver health. But also, for selfish reasons as much as anything, organ donor-ship and its vital importance not just for HCV sufferers, but for many other ailments that could be alleviated by it.

But also I hope to talk about how I feel on a personal and emotional level. I’m not just talking about some of the comic bilge that I put on my blog-post. Though I think there is a place for my scribbling, for you guys and me, to try and lighten the mood of a situation that could otherwise seem bleak. And it’s this that will probably be the hardest, both for you to watch but certainly for me to get across. When you’re writing you get time to consider what you’re conveying but when you're live, in front of a camera you don’t usually have that luxury, especially if your recording treatment as it happens.

As I have said before, I am not anybody’s victim, nor am I looking for sympathy. I just want to get better and show to Hep C sufferers and anyone else who wants to see the issues I’m facing, what it’s like being me right now. That is why I named this blog; My World. It’s not glamorous, it’s not big and as you have read, it’s not funny, despite my best efforts to write it that way.

I intend therefore, to try and keep this diary practical and serious and straight to the point without boring you all to death. I will try and keep my clowning around to my blog-posts.

Right now, my main issue is my looks! Purely because of what this terrible affliction has done to me, I am no longer the handsome, suave, sophisticated, good looking guy that you see in my profile photo, but rather these days I rather look more like this guy:



Whilst the scrawny features are not completely dissimilar to how I’ve looked since my teens, I was never a Schwarzenegger! However as you can l see by my yellowy wizened features, I have deteriorated considerably in recent times. I confess that my dress code and sexual preferences have remained unchanged from this picture but promise faithfully not to share this considerable pleasure on film, leastways unless you’re paying for it baby!


Keep a look out for my diary, I’ll post it in as many places as possible without terrifying young children and the elderly and infirm, however if you find it disturbing your quite free to turn it off. It will certainly be streamed here on my blog as I intend it to run alongside my ramblings as well as posted on ‘YouTube’

Besides, I have to look in the mirror every day, so I feel it’s only fair that I should subject you guys to the same misery that I have to face on a daily basis. So stick that in your pipe and smoke it!

Keep well everyone.... Ian

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger

Share it!

Share |

My Diary Posts

My Diary Posts

My Diary Posts


Thanks for calling!

What Is Hepatitis C?

Hepatitis C Information:

Hepatits C is a blood-borne viral disease which can cause liver inflamation, fibrosis, cirrhosis and liver cancer. The Hepatitis C virus (HCV) is spread by blood-to-blood contact with infected person's blood. Many people with HCV infection have no symptoms and are unaware of the need to seek treatment. Hepatitis C infects an estimated 150-200 million people worldwide. It is the leading cause of liver Transplant...

Hepatitis C is an inflamation of the liver caused by infection with the Hepatitis C virus is one of the five known hepatitis viruses: A, B, C, D & E. Hepatitis C was previousley known as non-A non-B hepatitis prior to isolation of the virus in 1989.

Symptoms of Acute Hepatitis C:

Acute Hepatitis C refers to first 6 months after infection with HCV. Remarkably, 60% - 70% of people develop no symptoms during the acute phase. In the minority of patients who experience acute phase symptoms, thet are generally mild and non-specific, and rarely lead to specific diagnoses of Hepatitis C. Symptoms of acute hepatitis C include decreased appetite, fatigue, abdominal pain, jaundice, itching and flu-like symptoms.

Symptoms of Chronic Hepatitis C:

Chronic Hepatitis C is defined as infection with the Hepatitis C virus persisting for more than six months. The course of chronic hepatitis C varies considerably from one person to another. Virtually all people infected with HCV have evidence of inflamation on liver biopsy however, the rate of progression of liver scarring (fibrosis) shows significant inter-individual variability.

  © Blogger template The Beach by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP