Guest Blog by Eva Day (Hepatitis C / Liver Transplant (Hep C) HCV Blog)

Tuesday 11 January 2011

Treasures (recovery after EOT(End of Treatment))
by Eva Day

This is for everyone on treatment, and those recovering . the poem describes the sense of hope the first time that we really began to notice definite signs of recovery. for me this was over the last week, two months after End of Treatment and following a fairly grim period of limbo land, sickness and fearful disappoint.


The first few days after a turning point when you just begin to feel ... more human again ... can be bitter-sweet, tentative yet -hopeful. bitter-sweet because as you emerge into light, the shadows are still there with you. imagine coming out of being stuck inside a very small box for a very long time. as you begin to expand and stretch your muscles - it hurts and is a little bit scary too. how to trust life and your own body, now? one gentle step at a time..... and holding a vision. friendship helps, too, from those who understand..... much love, eva day. xxx


Treasures.

this is a new day,,, now this is my time….. the battle is done, the dragon is slain… new hope will unfold
you took so much,,, viral invader, it took so much. One step at a time, each weary day, when hep c took hold:

invaded my blood, swallowed my life, I fought to reclaim it, the harsh treatment is done and I am so tired,
now the road ahead is unknown, a new fight begins, I release and seek for the treasures to help me feel inspired

mind and body depleted, but strength of spirit is mine, and patience, courage and friendship will be my guide
yes I am holding a vision of healing as I move through the fear into gentle recovery, but I’m still hurting inside

my dragon fighting tribe, my circle of friends who travelled this hard road along with me, they understand
that I am not fine yet, but, as I reached the finishing line, and friends there met me, each offering their hand

to help me on to new solid ground, and belief that with time and in peace, I will rebuild good living and flow
thanks to my companions, who lived and fought with Hep C, we move beyond surviving, we thrive and grow.

Eva day.

I wrote another poem, the same evening as this one, about friends we knew or lost along the way - especially those who could not win the battle to survive the virus. if you want to see it, I have posted it on the documents section of Hep C social group page - called SofaSpace. (if interested and want an invite to hang out there, just let me know, lots of good stuff there and most importantly - good folk. )

1 comments:

Unknown 13 January 2011 at 20:31  

Eva,
Beautiful!!!! I know we will continue to see great accomplishments from you as you continue to emerge from the fog of treatment. You give me hope that there is a light at the end of this tunnel of toxins!
xo
Jenny

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger

Share it!

Share |

My Diary Posts

My Diary Posts

My Diary Posts


Thanks for calling!

What Is Hepatitis C?

Hepatitis C Information:

Hepatits C is a blood-borne viral disease which can cause liver inflamation, fibrosis, cirrhosis and liver cancer. The Hepatitis C virus (HCV) is spread by blood-to-blood contact with infected person's blood. Many people with HCV infection have no symptoms and are unaware of the need to seek treatment. Hepatitis C infects an estimated 150-200 million people worldwide. It is the leading cause of liver Transplant...

Hepatitis C is an inflamation of the liver caused by infection with the Hepatitis C virus is one of the five known hepatitis viruses: A, B, C, D & E. Hepatitis C was previousley known as non-A non-B hepatitis prior to isolation of the virus in 1989.

Symptoms of Acute Hepatitis C:

Acute Hepatitis C refers to first 6 months after infection with HCV. Remarkably, 60% - 70% of people develop no symptoms during the acute phase. In the minority of patients who experience acute phase symptoms, thet are generally mild and non-specific, and rarely lead to specific diagnoses of Hepatitis C. Symptoms of acute hepatitis C include decreased appetite, fatigue, abdominal pain, jaundice, itching and flu-like symptoms.

Symptoms of Chronic Hepatitis C:

Chronic Hepatitis C is defined as infection with the Hepatitis C virus persisting for more than six months. The course of chronic hepatitis C varies considerably from one person to another. Virtually all people infected with HCV have evidence of inflamation on liver biopsy however, the rate of progression of liver scarring (fibrosis) shows significant inter-individual variability.

  © Blogger template The Beach by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP